2004 Acura TL with Viper SmartStart

Moderator: KPierson

2004 Acura TL with Viper SmartStart

Postby stocks2k » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:12 am

I recently had this remote start installed in my car. The installer used the CANMAX400 module to interface with the cars databus for all of the controls. I read on other parts of the board that most alarms will not send the lock signal more than once not allowing the window roll-up module ot work but I don't think that is the case here. If I press lock a second time on my aftermarket remote it will sound the armed confirmation beep on the TL but it will still not roll up the windows. Any suggestions? FYI - the module still works with the factory remote.
stocks2k

Re: 2004 Acura TL with Viper SmartStart

Postby KPierson » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:24 am

There is a difference between "a confirmation beep" and the doors actually locking. What you can try is to sit inside the car, arm the alarm (the doors will lock) and then manually unlock the drivers door and push the arm button again.

If the door relocks then the module should work - if it doesn't relock them the module is not compatible with that alarm system.

I, personally, have never seen a Viper alarm that worked with the KPtech window module - but I haven't messed with their latest system yet.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Return to Window Roll-up Module (Honda/Acura)