Honda Ridgeline - 2006 W/ Pics

Moderator: KPierson

Honda Ridgeline - 2006 W/ Pics

Postby KPierson » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:54 pm

Quick wiring guide located at end of post

PLEASE read this entire post before attempting to perform this installation. Do NOT make wire connections at locations other then shown. This vehicle has five different white/red wires, and ONLY one is the correct wire.

Thank you to Matt (HondaBoy3) for volunteering his brand new 2006 Ridgeline for this install and also thank you for bringing this vehicle to our attention!!!

The first attempt to install the KPtechnologies HM-20 (remote up with OEM remote) in a Honda Ridgeline was a success! The install was super smooth, the easiest Honda install yet! The door panel came off easily, the wires are all easy to access and verify, and the module worked the first time!

Please consult http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/ for door panel remove instructions (it was pretty easy, one screw inside the dip in the door handle, under the false bottom, two 7mm bolts behind the door handle's false plate, and then 3 screws behind the actual door handle.)

Once all the harnesses were unplugged we found the main harness:

This is the harness where you will get your 12vdc (Green/White), Ground (Black), and Ignition (Yellow).

12VDC - KPtech Red --> Honda Green/White (Main Harness)
Ground - KPtech Black --> Honda Black (Main Harness)
IGN - KPtech Yellow --> Honda Yellow (Main Harness)

12vdc, ground, and IGN hooked up

The other two wires are found at the base of the main wire harness. I had to remove the grey tape covering the wires:

Close up:

Door Cylinder - KPtech Green --> Honda White/Red* (Harness Junction)
Lock Actuator - KPtech Blue --> Honda Yellow/Black (Harness Junction)

* There are 5 different White/Red wires in the door. YOU MUST USE THE CORRECT WHITE/RED WIRE TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO THE MODULE

Close up:

Once everything was wired I reconnected the main harness to the power window switches. I manually held in the door pin (so the vehicle thought the door was closed) and I hit the lock button twice on the remote. Bingo! The windows went up. I then diconnected the harness and safely stored the door panel up against a wall (or my Ford truck :)).

Next, I used two black wire ties (not included) to secure the module to the wireing. I was going to use electrical tape, but I had the wire ties and they were a bit easier.

The door panel reinstallation was as straight forward as removing it!

Please keep in mind that you must wait about 1.5 seconds between pressing the LOCK button again in order for this module to work properly.

Here is a movie of the module in action:

http://www.kptechnologies.com/images/honda/rl/hrl.avi

Quick wiring guide:

12VDC - KPtech Red --> Honda Green/White (Main Harness)
Ground - KPtech Black --> Honda Black (Main Harness)
IGN - KPtech Yellow --> Honda Yellow (Main Harness)
Door Cylinder - KPtech Green --> Honda White/Red* (Harness Junction)
Lock Actuator - KPtech Blue --> Honda Yellow/Black (Harness Junction)

* There are 5 different White/Red wires in the door. YOU MUST USE THE CORRECT WHITE/RED WIRE TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO THE MODULE
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Why isn't it working!

Postby fritz riley » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:34 pm

:x Ok...so I tried this on a ridgeline today! Did one for the same guy on his Accord not to long ago n it worked beautiful! However...the ridgeline was different! Thought I was done until I tested it n all it would do was roll up the windows about an inch at a time! Checked, double checked, n double double checked my connections, then came to this site, found this posting... I got all the same wires! The only difference was I grabbed the white/red at the main plug cuz it tested ou the way it was suppose to n not near the lock motor wire as you did! So what gives? Need help! Also did the one touch mod for the roof, that was sweet n easy! Worked like a charm! On the other hand I also attempted the reverse rear view mirror mod with no luck! Very frustrating day! The ridgeline has 5 wires for mirror control! One of them, Grn/Wht, is common for up on both mirrors, the other 4, wht/red, yel/red, biue/wht, blue/black are for side to side and down functions, (wht/red n yel/red for pass. side @ least that's how they test properly when mirror switch is flipped to the rt) The thing is that one goes hot one way, the other goes hot the other way n they both go hot when going down! Now if you cut the wht/red, the mirror goes up n down, but not side to side! Cut them both n there's no movement of the mirror, but if you reconnect the wht/red u get full function!????? When u flip the switch to the left side mirror, the wires switch polarity! Except for the grn/wht always remains a common up wire! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! Whataya do?
fritz riley

Postby KPierson » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:05 pm

Typically, if the windows go up one inch at a time it is because the yellow wire from the KPtech module is hooked up incorrectly. I would suggest unhooking the yellow wire and retesting the module.

The red/yellow and the green/white should be the wires to use for the passenger mirror..
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Return to Window Roll-up Module (Honda/Acura)