What exactly does this module do?

Moderator: KPierson

What exactly does this module do?

Postby BillyBandit » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:05 am

Hello All!

I sent an email inquiring as to whether this module will add Auto Up/Down functionality to all windows. Currently, the 7th gen Accord has Auto Up/Down on the driver's windows only.

I got a response saying that the Window Roll-Up Module will add this feature to both windows.

I'm a little confused because I noticed the product description says 'This module easily installs under your vehicle's door panel and allows you to roll up the windows by pressing the LOCK button twice on your remote. It can also be used to vent the windows'.

There is no mention on the Auto Up/Down feature on the website. Is this functionality part of the module? How many modules do I need for a 7th gen Accord Sedan?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a newb to all this right now.

Thanks!
BillyBandit

Postby KPierson » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:26 pm

Welcome to our support forum!

The window up module does NOT add auto up/down features to any window. It strictly adds remote up ability. This is activated by pressing the remote 'LOCK' button twice within 1.5 seconds.

One module needs to be installed in your drivers door. This one module will remotely operate all four windows. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I appologize for any confusion!
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Re: What exactly does this module do?

Postby 08BlackRDX » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:47 pm

Besides the window remote roll-up feature can it also roll the windows down? Is that what you mean by 'It can also be used to vent the windows?'
08BlackRDX

Re: What exactly does this module do?

Postby KPierson » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:32 am

It only works on vehicles that already have the remote down function from the factory. Most newer higher up Honda/Acuras have this feature. You press the "UNLOCK" button on the OEM remote, release it, then press it again and hold it down.

The "vent" feature of the module is the ability to issue a third "LOCK" command after the windows are already rolling up. Once the third pulse is detected the windows stop immediately, which can be used to leave them vented.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Return to Window Roll-up Module (Honda/Acura)