Updates to shift light 06_01_05

Moderators: KPierson, SFLG35

Updates to shift light 06_01_05

Postby KPierson » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:57 am

Recently, KPtechnologies has made several improvements to the programmable shift light that we have distributed on a very limited basis (less then ten exist, I believe). It is important that we track these shift lights so that we can keep them current, with all the latest updates. Please add your name to the list if you have a shift light. I will try to list as many people as I can think of, off of the top of my head!

Dan
ZdayZ winner #1
ZdayZ winner #2
Ben
Sharif
FGC tester #1
FGC tester #2
Aaron

I couldn't get the names of the ZdayZ winners. I was really hoping to, but the weekend went by so fast that I didn't have a chance to hunt them down, and the people running the show didn't record winners! Also, I lost track of BOTH shift lights sent to the FGC. I'm not sure where they ended up.

If your name is NOT on this list, and you have a KPtechnologies shift light please add it. If you are on the list please PM me with your shipping address and I'll get the updated chip, and replacement instructions, out to you ASAP. We are on what we believe to be our release revision now!!!
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Postby SFLG35 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:47 pm

kevin

i have one of the fgc testor shift lights and i need you to send me a updated chip for it when you send the rest of my stuff next week.
Daniel
daniel.bazley@kptechnologies.com

Florida G35 Club

5AT Coupe Volk GT-C Mercury Silver 19’s Invidia Exhaust
KPTechnologies OEM Remote Window Up KPTechnologies VDC Memory KPTechnologies Shift Light KPTechnologies Auto Lock/Unlock KPTechnologies Sunroof Control with OEM Remote
SFLG35

Postby SFLG35 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:48 pm

not sure where the other fgc test shift light went. i think the guy "drsifu1" on driver got it. hes out in cali. i dont think he has installed it yet though.
Daniel
daniel.bazley@kptechnologies.com

Florida G35 Club

5AT Coupe Volk GT-C Mercury Silver 19’s Invidia Exhaust
KPTechnologies OEM Remote Window Up KPTechnologies VDC Memory KPTechnologies Shift Light KPTechnologies Auto Lock/Unlock KPTechnologies Sunroof Control with OEM Remote
SFLG35

Postby neffster » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:04 am

Kevin,

Gman 2004 and I both have the shift light. I'm getting mine installed on Wednesday at CP Racing with the Vortech. Hopefully they can drill a hole in the gauge pod and I'll be set.

Daniel said there was a newer version with a flashing light and some new code (or something like that). Is this an easy upgrade?

Todd
neffster

Postby KPierson » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:38 am

I think are best option is to upgrade the entire module. You can install the one you have now and when the new ones are ready they will be a direct replacement. Hopefully they will be ready next weekend.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Re: Updates to shift light 06_01_05

Postby High Octane » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:19 am

Hello,
I've been known on most forums as High Octane, including a few of my own.
I'm here to see about getting the update for both of my shift module that we (KPtechnologoes & Myself) Have never been able to get to operate correctly.
The vehicle is my newly purchased 2004 SRT-4 Neon. Its is still wired up, waiting for the module.

The problem we where having was that it would calibrate and cause the LED to flash at random times... Possibly 1/2 the rpm value it was set at + the correct RPM value. So After many conversations I finally put it on the shelf and forgot about it.
Since then I have aged a bit 51years old now. and my shift timing has gone to hell for some reason ;o)
So if its at all possible, Is there a way to tell if this has the OLD chip and that has been the cause this whole time?
If that's possible, How can we verify this? I sure would like to keep dusting those ricers, Mustangs and "other" clueless lead footed fools that don't realize just how much HP & Torque this lightweight ugly ass Neon can put out. Reminds me of the days of my first TUNER CAR, Known as the ("UFO"... Ugly Ass Omni), That modified GLH, shoe box looking thing sure smoked a ton of folks, and even :?: got me a few trophies to boot.

Anyways, Here's a pick of one of 2 that I purchased. I seem to have forgotten where I put the other one about a month ago I had both of them together. Damn getting old sucks LOL.

If you need my info to go back in time to verify my purchase, Here's my info:
& Don't worry about it being public, I'm everywhere with my business, eBay Forums & Social Media. Those that abuse the info get a personal visit.

Steve Wagner
WagnerTech and/or Wagner_Technologies
8640 State Route 163
Belleville, IL. 62223
CELL (Prefer Texts only unless its important) & ALWAYS LEAVE A FLIPPING MESSAGE!, or I won't call your dumb ass back.
(618) 550-9810
Omni GLH, Shelby Charger, Spirit R/T, SRT-4 Neon, Dodge Dart, Dodge Duster, Dodge Charger, Charger 2.2.
High Octane

Postby KPierson » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:28 am

The best thing to do would be to send it back for us to take a complete look at everything. We have made some hardware changes to the SL20 over the years and if this is one of the first then it's probably using the old hardware.

Please send me an Email to [Support at KPtechnologies.com] and we'll set up an RMA.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby High Octane » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:04 pm

KPierson wrote:The best thing to do would be to send it back for us to take a complete look at everything. We have made some hardware changes to the SL20 over the years and if this is one of the first then it's probably using the old hardware.

Please send me an Email to [Support at KPtechnologies.com] and we'll set up an RMA.

Thanks for the reply,
Let me find the second one and I''ll email you then.

Thanks
Steve
Omni GLH, Shelby Charger, Spirit R/T, SRT-4 Neon, Dodge Dart, Dodge Duster, Dodge Charger, Charger 2.2.
High Octane

Postby High Octane » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:23 pm

Found the second module still plugged into my car (Duh)
E-Mail sent with contact info.
Everything is boxed and ready to go.

Steve
High Octane

Postby High Octane » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:05 am

Tracking Number: 9405510200829560348003
High Octane

Postby High Octane » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:45 am

Any update on the 2 modules I mailed to you?
High Octane

Postby High Octane » Thu May 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Its been quite some time now and I've not recieved any communication from anyone, Nor have I recieved my 2 modules back that I shipped.

Whats going on!?
High Octane

Postby High Octane » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:40 am

O.K., This is starting to piss me off. :evil:

In order to see what is going on with my 2 defective Shift Modules That I shipped per email from the owner.

I have posted several times on this forum for some kind of update. No response, so I sent SEVERAL Emails, ALSO with no reply. :roll:

UPDATE; 02/11.2015
Now I no longer have the 2 modules. :twisted:

O.K., I recieved 2 modules today in the mail. No note & no idea if theey are repaired or replacements.
Oh well, at least I have 2 modules again. I'll reinstall and test to see how it goes.
Sure would like to have had some/any communication with the owner. :(
High Octane

Postby KPtechnologies » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:41 pm

High Octane wrote:O.K., This is starting to piss me off. :evil:

In order to see what is going on with my 2 defective Shift Modules That I shipped per email from the owner.

I have posted several times on this forum for some kind of update. No response, so I sent SEVERAL Emails, ALSO with no reply. :roll:

UPDATE; 02/11.2015
Now I no longer have the 2 modules. :twisted:

O.K., I recieved 2 modules today in the mail. No note & no idea if theey are repaired or replacements.
Oh well, at least I have 2 modules again. I'll reinstall and test to see how it goes.
Sure would like to have had some/any communication with the owner. :(

I sent you an Email explaining why it took longer then I expected (we are very busy with orders as it is our busiest time of the year and these orders take priority over us repairing out of warranty modules at no cost to the customer). I also explained in the Email that the hardware was stripped down and rebuilt to our latest hardware revision which changed two of the main circuits on the board (the clock and the pulse input). The latest firmware was programmed to both modules. Both modules were fully tested and working 100% when they were shipped back to you. For some reason I did not receive any notifications of new posts to this thread - sorry to not have responded to it sooner.
KPtechnologies.com!
KPtechnologies

Return to Programmable Shift Light Module