2010 G37 Sedan Installation

Moderators: KPierson, SFLG35

2010 G37 Sedan Installation

Postby KPierson » Mon May 14, 2012 12:38 am

From the service manual - please verify ALL wiring before making any connections:

Module at BCM:

KPtech Yellow: Beige Pin 3 (RAP supply)
KPtech Black: Chassis ground
KPtech Green: Yellow Pin 87
KPtech Blue: Sky Blue Pin 146
KPtech orange: run through firewall and connect to coil of relay

IPDM:
Fog Light R: White
Fog Light L: Blue

For best results I recommend running two wires from the module to the relay - connect one wire to the yellow wire on the module and the other wire to the orange wire on the module. These will become your feed wires for the coil of the relay - it is imperative that the relay coil be on switched ignition power and the easiest way to do this is to tap it in to the same power that powers the module.

In some sedans you have to reverse Pins 87 and 87A. Connect everything as directed and if the fog lights operate "backwards" then reverse these two connections. I, to this day, still have not figured out any rhyme or reason why some sedans require this modification while others do not.

There is an undocumented onboard diagnostic LED that turns on and off with the fog light switch. When you think you have the module wired correctly (don't need the relay wired up even) then you can verify you have the right wires by turning the ignition on and toggling the fog light switch. When the Fog Light switch is on the LED should be on. The LED is visible inside the plastic case of the module by looking in through the opening where the wire harness connects. It is a super bright LED and will be impossible to miss if it is on.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Re: 2010 G37 Sedan Installation

Postby Kevinmward » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:58 am

Morning,
I hooked up the module and im sure it is hooked up correctly, as when i put on the ignition and turn on the fog-light switch the LED shines bright. now when i connect the relay is when i have issues.
When i connect it and the fog-lights work, then it knocks out the electronic beep module. and the relay clicks non stop and i get a check engine light.
the fog-lights work independently but something is differently connected incorrectly somewhere.
i am going to try and grab a universal relax as i feel the issue is in the relay.
I have it connected as following.

30 on Relay goes to fog-light white and blue to lights (white and blue wire)
blue from plus goes to 87A on relay
87 and 86 fuse directly to battery
85 from orange wire on module.

Is this all correct?
Kevinmward

Postby KPierson » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Kevinmward wrote:Morning,
I hooked up the module and im sure it is hooked up correctly, as when i put on the ignition and turn on the fog-light switch the LED shines bright. now when i connect the relay is when i have issues.
When i connect it and the fog-lights work, then it knocks out the electronic beep module. and the relay clicks non stop and i get a check engine light.
the fog-lights work independently but something is differently connected incorrectly somewhere.
i am going to try and grab a universal relax as i feel the issue is in the relay.
I have it connected as following.

30 on Relay goes to fog-light white and blue to lights (white and blue wire)
blue from plus goes to 87A on relay
87 and 86 fuse directly to battery
85 from orange wire on module.

Is this all correct?

DId you cut both fog light wires to separate them from the IPDM? Are you 100% positive you are connected to the fog light wires and not something else? There should be no way possible to trigger a check engine light with this module as the fog lights are not monitored. However, if you did not cut the wires they can back feed in to the IPDM and create some issues.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Postby Kevinmward » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:44 pm

DId you cut both fog light wires to separate them from the IPDM? Are you 100% positive you are connected to the fog light wires and not something else? There should be no way possible to trigger a check engine light with this module as the fog lights are not monitored. However, if you did not cut the wires they can back feed in to the IPDM and create some issues.

check engine light actually went off , but i did cut both fog light wired from the harness , i will upload a picture of the relay, i think that maybe the color coded wires are labeled wrong on mine for some reason. haven't had a chance to play around with it lately, its been freezing up here but i willsend a pic of the relay and that adapter that connects to it i have a feeling the wire colors are off
Kevinmward

Postby Dang » Thu May 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Need a little help troubleshooting an issue.

I just installed the module... But when I use my left blinker, the fog lights turn on. Do you have any idea why this could be?

Thanks in advance.
Dang

Postby lexrex » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:42 pm

I have a question? Wich two wires from the relay go connected to the module, i already have wire 85 white of the relay connected to the orange wire of the module wich would be the second wire from the relay that goes connect to tbe yellow wire on the module.
lexrex

Postby r1cky » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:27 am

Dang wrote:Need a little help troubleshooting an issue.

I just installed the module... But when I use my left blinker, the fog lights turn on. Do you have any idea why this could be?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue with my sedan. But I learn to lived with it and have the fog lights on at all time.
r1cky

Return to Independent Fog Light Controller