2007 Honda Odyssey

Moderator: KPierson

2007 Honda Odyssey

Postby alanderego » Mon May 07, 2007 9:20 pm

Hello,
Is there anything in the works for an 07 Odyssey?
I love your inventions...

Thanks,
Alan
alanderego

Postby KPierson » Tue May 08, 2007 5:25 pm

The one touch sunroof module may work as is with the Odyssey. We would need to check the service manual for the vehicle to see if it has a (-) switching switch on the sunroof system.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Postby alanderego » Tue May 08, 2007 10:24 pm

Thanks Kevin,
I'll keep checking the site for any updates...

Alan
alanderego

2008 Odyssey?

Postby jaiden » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:45 pm

KPierson wrote:The one touch sunroof module may work as is with the Odyssey. We would need to check the service manual for the vehicle to see if it has a (-) switching switch on the sunroof system.

Was there any determination made on this? I really want this module for my wife's '08 Touring Odyssey if it'll work.
jaiden

Postby KPierson » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Nothing concrete, but it would be easy enough for someoone to test!
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Re: 2007 Honda Odyssey

Postby coastalb55 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:41 am

Has anyone tested this out on an Odyssey yet? I see that the last post on the subject was 6 Months ago and having just bought a used 2006 Odyssey, needing to hold the sunroof button is not one of my favorite features of the vehicle.
coastalb55

Postby KPierson » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:49 am

coastalb55 wrote:Has anyone tested this out on an Odyssey yet? I see that the last post on the subject was 6 Months ago and having just bought a used 2006 Odyssey, needing to hold the sunroof button is not one of my favorite features of the vehicle.

We still don't have any documented proof that it will or won't work. As long as the sunroof switches switch a (-) signal it will work.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby coastalb55 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:02 am

KPierson wrote:
coastalb55 wrote:Has anyone tested this out on an Odyssey yet? I see that the last post on the subject was 6 Months ago and having just bought a used 2006 Odyssey, needing to hold the sunroof button is not one of my favorite features of the vehicle.

We still don't have any documented proof that it will or won't work. As long as the sunroof switches switch a (-) signal it will work.

I'd d be willing to check it out. Can you give me anymore guidance on how to test?
coastalb55

Postby KPierson » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:37 am

The easiest way would be to access the back of the sunroof switch and see if the wire colors are the same, or similar, to other Honda vehicles. If they are, you can use an ohm meter with one lead connected directly to ground and the other lead attached to the wire you are verifying. With the switch not pushed it should read OL or infinate resistance, with the button pushed it should be very close to 0 ohms.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Odyssey test

Postby coastalb55 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:16 pm

OK. I popped out the sunroof switch which took all of 15 sec. I can verify that the color coding for the wiring is the same as the installation directions with the exception of the yellow wire. On the '06 Odyssey, there is no yellow. The harness has a solid red and a red with black stripe which I assume is a constant positive and a switched. For some reason I couldn't get a voltage off of either one.

As per the directions, with each corresponding button pushed, the vdc dropped from approx 12 vdc to 0 vdc. Also, ohms were OL when button is static, then approx +17 ohms when depressed.

In the directions it describes installation of diode for one touch vent. What are the specs of the diodes needed (I'm lost when it comes to diodes, resistors, caps, etc if I don't have explicit instructions)?

Another note: Honda doesn't seem to give much slack to work with in their wiring. Installing the "one-touch" unit may require a bit of patience, especially if the installer has big hands.
coastalb55

Postby KPierson » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:58 pm

The diodes are included. I'm not familiar with the sunroof switch location in the Odyssey, but it may be possible to pull the wiring to a different location to free up some slack (this may require removing some interior pieces).

There shouldn't be any constant power to the switch - if it has a light in it there may be a voltage feed that is controlled by the illumination circuit of the vehicle - so you would have to turn the lights on before you would see voltage.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby coastalb55 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:34 pm

The switch is on the far left side of the dash. The wires are bundled together with the ones that hook into the power door switches. Some cutting of the tape they have them rapped with may give a little more slack.

Yes, it is illuminated. I should have thought of that.
coastalb55

Postby coastalb55 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:40 pm

I've went ahead and ordered both the one-touch controller and the window controller. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Last edited by coastalb55 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
coastalb55

Postby KPierson » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:06 pm

Excellent, thank you. Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thank you!
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby coastalb55 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:39 pm

I finally got around to installing the sunroof control module and the window controller I ordered last month.

The installation of both modules went well and fairly straight forward. The sunroof controlled went in the easiest of all. Instead of hunting for a switched power for the module, I bought an "add-a-circuit" from the local Kragen and plugged it into the fuse slot for the sunroof. The fuse box was close enough to the switch and module that the lenght of the yellow wire supplied was plenty.

The window controller required to do a little more investigating so I knew which wire was which, but once that was sorted it went together well with two exceptions (but not the fault of KP Technologies, just user/installer error): 1) The harness came unplugged when I was putting the door panel back together because I didn't allow enough slack (fortunately I only taped up the slack instead of cutting it off). I had to take everything back off to correct my mistake. 2) When finally putting the door panel back on I got a little over zealous trying to get the plastic clips to engage and ended up with a nice palm sized crack in the plactic on the face of the panel. Duh! Looks like I'll be shopping for a new one of those.
coastalb55

Return to Honda/Acura "One Touch" Sunroof Controller