Successful install on a Acura MDX

Moderator: KPierson

Successful install on a Acura MDX

Postby highmath » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:36 am

I would like to report a successful install of the the one touch sunroof controller on a 04 Acura MDX. I installed the module without the diodes and it work perfect. It also tucked away very nicely in the upper console. Thanks a lot! :D

Anyone wanting to do this mod for a 01-06 MDX, I have listed the wiring connections below. All of the Acura wires are part of the green sunroof switch connector, except one, which is located in the blue connector above the switch:

KPTech Green > Grey/Yellow >>OPEN
KPTech Blue > Grey/ Red >>CLOSE
KPTech Purple > Yellow/Red >>VENT
KPTech Black > GROUND off one of the 4 screws in the panel
KPTech Yellow > Orange wire on the blue connector >> Switched Ignition
2004 NBP Acura MDX
highmath

Postby KPierson » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:07 pm

Excellent!

On the other cars if you don't install the diodes the 'one touch' feature doesn't work for tilt open and tilt close. Is that the case on the MDX?
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Postby highmath » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:57 pm

KPierson wrote:Excellent!

On the other cars if you don't install the diodes the 'one touch' feature doesn't work for tilt open and tilt close. Is that the case on the MDX?

Correct. I have to still have to push and hold the button open and close the vent. I'm lazy but not too much; it only takes literally 1 second to vent and close it, so thats why I didn't install the diodes. In all actuality the module works perfectly as designed.
highmath

Postby KPierson » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:47 pm

I'm actually surprised as many people install the diodes as do. I, personally, wouldn't bother as tilting isn't a very long process!

:)
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Postby highmath » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:04 pm

Well, I suppose its safe to add the MDX to your vehicle compatibility list for this module! Awesome product! Can't wait to see whats next! :)
2004 NBP Acura MDX
highmath

Postby highmath » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:44 pm

:!: Change what I said about the vent. The one touch feature DOES work the vent, only with the open function, without installing the diodes. I still have to hold the button to close the vent.
2004 NBP Acura MDX
highmath

Return to Honda/Acura "One Touch" Sunroof Controller