2007 g35 coupe (intelligent key, no pushbutton start)

Moderator: KPierson

2007 g35 coupe (intelligent key, no pushbutton start)

Postby roots4x » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:32 pm

I have a weird transition car that has the new nissan/infiniti intelligent key so I don't have to use a metal key at all, but I sitll have to physically turn the ignition (there's a special plastic handle that I turn that covers the keyhole). I'm thinking I can still use your module but I'm not sure. Is there an expected date of release or is it available for sale now? I don't see the product on your home page at all.
roots4x

Re: 2007 g35 coupe (intelligent key, no pushbutton start)

Postby KPierson » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:09 pm

The ignition has to be turned on before our current module will work. Later, when we release our RFID based ignition controller then it may be possible to bypass the step you are looking to skip.

I would guess there would be ways to rewire it without adding any parts, but I have no first hand knowledge there...
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Postby Roger » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:41 am

Hi Kevin,
I have been following your posts about the start/stop buton from the "my350z" forum. My car has basically the same condition that roots4x describes. Mine is a Sentra 2008 with intelligent key, which is basically an RFID like the one you are developing. Since roots4x's car and mne already have an RFID, I believe it would be easier for us to hook up your start/stop button without inserting a key and without having to turn the plastic handle. We won't need the RFID ignition controller that you are developing. If I manage to deactivate the wheel lock, what else would be necessary to get it to work...? As far as I understant, your start/stop button is not able to get to an ACC step. That, in my opinion, is the biggest issue. I assure you, a lot of Sentras like mine would love to get this the way I propose. If I get this to work, I would bring this up to the Sentra forum. Please, let me know what you think.
Best,

Roger
Roger

Postby KPierson » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:58 am

As stated, the ignition has to be turned on before the start/stop button will function. It may be possible to trick the module in to thinking the ignition is on when it really isn't, which would allow the starter output to activate.

I'm thinking if you connect the brake switch to the modules ignition input (diode isolate it with the actual ignition wire so they don't backfeed) whenever you put your foot on the brake the module will "think" the ignition is turned on. This will allow the starter relay to activate, which can be wired in parallel with the "ignition knob".

You could then, possibly, wire the ignition cut relay output to the KPtech starter relay, so when you shut the ignition off with the start/stop button it will again pulse the "ignition knob" to turn the car off.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby Totemus » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi, Kevin.

I have FX35 with the same set up (keyless entry, but plastic thing to turn).

I saw you have IG50 device to bypass the ignition, but can't find it in the list. Will the solution of IG50 + push button work to make completely keyless engine start?
Totemus

Postby KPierson » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:40 pm

We never officially released the IG50 and at this point have no plans to do so.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby Totemus » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:50 pm

:(
Totemus

Postby kdo2milger » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:25 pm

If you aren't going to release the IG50, what are we suppose to use in conjunction with the PB50?
kdo2milger

Postby KPierson » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:36 pm

The PB50 will work by itself - it just requires the OEM key to control ignition switching, factory security, and unlocking the mechanical steering wheel lock.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Return to Push Button Start System