2008 G35x: auto doorlock/unlock wiring

Looking for specific wiring information?

Moderator: KPierson

2008 G35x: auto doorlock/unlock wiring

Postby Peterubers » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:03 pm

Hey KP,

Always appreciate your help on www.the12volt.com, looking to purchase (2) of these modules, one for the wife's new '08 and one for her mother's '08 ..

Any wiring info would be appreciated, thanks in advance,

Raj
Peterubers

Re: 2008 G35x: auto doorlock/unlock wiring

Postby Peterubers » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Is this an appropriate wiring diagram (as well as locations of the BCM)?

http://ifar.ca/en/vehicles/infiniti/g37/2009/files.html
Peterubers

Postby KPierson » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Raj,

That link has a lot of good information.

We recomend using relays to 5 wire the door locks, but according to the Fortin manual you can use the (-) outputs of our module to lock and unlock the doors by inserting wires in to the empty pins in the BCM. I've never liked this approach for two reasons - 1. you can't test and verify you have the correct spot on the BCM and 2. there isn't a surefire way to keep the wires in the open spot on the BCM connector.

The odd thing about the new G35s is that they actually have three unlock wires. This means to interface with the door locks you need 4 relays. We offer a relay pack that is 3 relays in one package designed for cars with a single lock actuator wire and two unlock actuator wires. With the use of our relay pack you only need one additional SPDT relay to unlock the back doors.

Alternatively, if you don't want the back doors to unlock automatically when you shut the car off then you won't need the extra relay.

All the connections are made at the BCM in the passenger kick panel.

12vdc - White (Pin 1) at BCM - connects to KPtech red wire

Switched 12vdc - red (Pin 82) at BCM - connects to KPtech yellow wire

Driver unlock - Green (Pin 9) at BCM- Cut this wire and connect BCM side to black wire and actuator side to blue wire from KPtech relay pack.

Passenger unlock - violet (Pin 5) at BCM - Cut this wire and connect BCM side to black wire and actuator side to green wire from KPtech relay pack.

Rear door unlock - Brown (Pin 10) at BCM - Cut this wire and connect BCM side to Pin 87A of SPDT Bosch style automotive relay and connect actuator side to pin 30 of relay. Connect pins 85 and 87 to 12vdc and connect pin 86 to green output wire of DL20.

Door Pin Input - Gray (Pin 150) at BCM - connects to KPtech orange wire (if using time delay mode - this prevents doors from locking if drivers door is opened when the ignition is turned on).

Connect the red wire from the relay pack to the same place that the red wire from the DL20 is connected.
Connect the black wire from the DL20 and the relay pack to ground (chassis ground is recomended or use black wire at BCM)
Connect the blue wire from the DL20 to the single blue wire on the Relay pack
Connect the green wire from the DL20 to BOTH the single green wire and the single purple wire on the Relay pack as well as Pin 86 from the additional relay (as mentioned above).

The short red wire on the DL20 can be left unterminated if you want the module to operate in "time delay" mode. This will cause the doors to lock ~6 seconds after the ignition is turned on and unlock when the ignition is turned off. If this short red wire is connected permanently to 12vdc the doors will lock almost immediately upon seeing 12vdc on the DL20 yellow wire. With the wire connected directly to 12vdc the module will NOT reference the door pin input before locking the doors.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Postby Peterubers » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:35 pm

KP,

Thanks for the great info -- so just so i understand correctly:

The green wire on the DL20 is connected to both the SPDT relay AS WELL as the relay pack with no diodes or anything else between -- all three wires (DL20 green wire, SPDT wire, relay pack wire) can be soldered together at one point so that passenger and rear doors all unlock with the driver's door upon ignition OFF.

Thanks again

Raj
Peterubers

Postby KPierson » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Peterubers wrote:KP,

Thanks for the great info -- so just so i understand correctly:

The green wire on the DL20 is connected to both the SPDT relay AS WELL as the relay pack with no diodes or anything else between -- all three wires (DL20 green wire, SPDT wire, relay pack wire) can be soldered together at one point so that passenger and rear doors all unlock with the driver's door upon ignition OFF.

Thanks again

Raj

Raj,

There will actually be four wires all soldered together - the green unlock output from the DL20, the green and the purple coil wires from the relay pack (for relay 2 and 3) and the coil wire from the added relay. No diodes are needed at all.

Thank you,
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby Peterubers » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Hey KP,

Success! It works like a charm -- took about 2 hours b/c I was proceeding very cautiously (DMM each and every wire -- you taught me well on www.the12volt.com) and was a bit confused about pin numbering -- so that idata *.pdf install guide really came in handy to associate with the pins you were referring to.

Also -- I had a PINK wire (actuator wire) I can't remember what it ended up controlling (rear or passenger doors), but the pin numbering was off from your suggestion: There was a brown, green, and violet wire (10, 9, and 8 respectively) at the BCM, and a pink wire (several pins down the line) .. the violet was the lock, and the rest were unlock, no big deal. it's tough working in that passenger corner, the OEM wires don't leave much "give" and it was tedious soldering in such cramped quarters... but all worked fine. I blew that 3 amp fuse b/c the relay pack harness was not seated 100% correctly, but I threw another fuse in there and all was well. I placed the modules just below the glove box on that cover plate, worked well.

Oh, and adding the SPDT relay to control the rear doors was a breeze according to your directions, so thanks again.

Excellent product, thanks a bunch, will be purchasing one for the mom-in-law and sis-in-law in the very near future!

Raj
Peterubers

Postby Peterubers » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:20 pm

KP --

ok, so I replaced the blown 3amp fuse with a 25 amp fuse for lack of smaller fuses .. and everything works fine -- the OEM stuff works fine as well as the DL20...

I'm concerned b/c I just today replaced the 3amp fuse with a new 5amp fuse and it went through the lock process after 6 seconds and then blew. I have not tried upgrading to a higher amperage fuse... stuck the 25 amp fuse back in there.

Is it blowing right after the first lock sequence b/c all four actuators are getting their power from the same source --
This is how I wired everything:

Power for relay pack AND the DL20 tied into the DL20 red power wire (with fuse) just BEFORE the fuse (on the DL20 side) .. then the red DL20 wire (after the fuse) is connected to the WHITE heavy gauge BCM wire. Also, my extra SPDT relay is getting 12 volts for 87 and 85 pre-fuse from the DL20 red wire.

thinking about this after the fact, I guess I can make multiple connections to the BCM white power wire with each power wire getting it's own fuse -- what do you recommend?

Thanks

Raj
Peterubers

Postby KPierson » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:11 pm

The relay pack needs a "high current" input. You can't use the 3A fuse to protect it. I would guess a 10A fuse would be a great replacement for the relay pack and the module - that would be the "best" route to go.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby Peterubers » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:39 pm

I'll replace that 25amp fuse with the 10amp fuse and escalate to 15amp if necessary -- thanks for your help -- great product. I've been promoting it on G35driver.com
Peterubers

Return to Vehicle Wiring Requests