Installed modules for 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD with Navi

Looking for specific wiring information?

Moderator: KPierson

Installed modules for 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD with Navi

Postby Speedmaster » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Help!

Today my mechanic installed the following:

1. Auto Lock/Unlock module
2. Programable Speed Switch Module
3. Matrix Decoder
4. tried but failed for NI35 install

My questions are:
1. On the programable speed switch module: the auto locking feature will only kick in when speed reaches 45mph. Can this be triggered at a lower speed, say even
when the speed hits 15-20?
2. Matrix Decoder: fogs may operate with DTRL combo or and headlight / fogs combo ev. Can the fogs operate as stand along without the DTRL or the headlights?

3. Nvigation bypass module (NI35) - my mechanic needs more detail on where to tap the wires. He said instruction no. 4 & no. 5 are ambiguous. Can you please indicate
where's the location of these wires?

Thanks
Speedmaster

Re: Installed modules for 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD with Navi

Postby KPierson » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:12 pm

1. The programmable speed switch has a programming input. It is an orange wire. Follow the instructions with the programming instructions that are included with the Programmable speed switch for details. You will need to switch this wire to ground several times during the programming sequence and you'll have to drive the vehicle to the desired speed and touch the wire to ground to store the set point in memory. Once set you will never need to set it again. It may simplify the process if you use an actual pushbutton switch but since it isn't technically needed we don't include one. When I program the Programmable Speed Switches I strip about a 1/2" of insulation off the end of the orange wire and then touch it to a piece of metal under the dash (with the plastic lower dash piece removed).

2. I'm not really sure what you are saying. If the fog light module is installed correctly the fog lights will be 100% independent of all other lights in the vehicle. There is a small LED inside the module that should be coming on and off with the fog light switch - this LED is visible through the opening in the plastic case where the connector plugs in. If this LED does not come on and off with the fog light switch regardless of if the dtrl or headlights are on then the module is installed incorrectly. The blue and green wire both need to be verified to make sure they are connected to the correct spot.

3. I'm guessing you mean 5 and 6 - the two wires that go to the "ENTER" button. Unfortunately this has to be fairly vague as it changes from vehicle to vehicle and even year to year in some instances. The key is to remove the navigation controls from the vehicle and disassemble the case that houses the circuit board that the "ENTER" button is on. Once you get to the circuit board an ohm meter must be used to trace the contacts on the "ENTER" button to a spot on the circuit board that can be soldered. Some vehicles have traces that lead to the plug in connector, some do not. You may have to remove a screw or two from the "jog dial stack" and remove the jog style stack to actually get to the contacts of the "ENTER" button. This may make it easier to trace the leads out. As per the instructions when you have found both sides of the "ENTER" button solder that is where the twisted black and twisted red wire connect. Once connected, when you press the "ENTER" button the connection between the twisted red and twisted black wire should show 0 ohms.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Return to Vehicle Wiring Requests