2008 TSX Install Q's

Moderators: KPierson, SFLG35

2008 TSX Install Q's

Postby VQ30GTR » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi,

Was wondering if you had a schematic for the install? My question is how to conenct the wires. EX: The Green is the door unlock. Am I just splicing into all of the connections in parallel? Or is there a break in circuit to add the module in series?

Also I ordered the Universal and received the G35 install instructions. Are the modules different? and did I maybe get the incorrect one? or is it just those are the instructions you send?

Thanks!
VQ30GTR

Re: 2008 TSX Install Q's

Postby KPierson » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:43 pm

We have two sets of instructions but only one module - the universal manual can be downloaded from our site under the "support" menu.

You don't have to cut any wires, just splice them to the existing wire.

For the wiring in the car here is what I have:

12 VOLT CONSTANT WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS (connects to KPtech red)

IGNITION 1 BLACK/YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS (connects to KPtech yellow)

POWER LOCK PINK/BLACK (TYPE B) See NOTE *1 @ GREEN PLUG ON LEFT SIDE OF FUSEBOX - THESE WIRES WILL METER ONLY WHEN USING THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR LOCK SWITCH. (connects to KPtech blue)

POWER UNLOCK PINK/BLUE (TYPE B) See NOTE *1 @ GREEN PLUG ON LEFT SIDE OF FUSEBOX - THESE WIRES WILL METER ONLY WHEN USING THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR LOCK SWITCH. (connects to KPtech green)

DOOR TRIGGER GREEN/RED (-) @ GREEN 5-PIN PLUG BEHIND FUSEBOX (connects to KPtech orange)

Ground to chassis and you should be good go go!
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Postby pgapeles » Mon May 04, 2009 12:12 pm

I have everything hooked up as you have said in this post, but I am having trouble finding the PINK/BLACK and PINK/BLUE wires. I can only find a single color PINK and single color BLUE wire on the side of the fuse box. I have an 08' TSX. With everything installed this way I can't lock/unlock my doors via lock switch. Do you think you can offer me some assistance?
pgapeles

Postby KPierson » Mon May 04, 2009 1:40 pm

What all wires do you have hooked up? Did you measure any wires with a volt meter before connecting them?
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby pgapeles » Tue May 05, 2009 5:26 pm

All the wires are hooked up correctly except for the two I mentioned. I checked all the wires with a tester and they read the way they are supposed to. I simply can't find the pink/blue and pink/black wire.
pgapeles

Postby KPierson » Tue May 05, 2009 9:42 pm

pgapeles wrote:All the wires are hooked up correctly except for the two I mentioned. I checked all the wires with a tester and they read the way they are supposed to. I simply can't find the pink/blue and pink/black wire.

All the information I have says that the wires are in a green plug on the left side of the fuse box. I've never done an '08 TSX personally so I can't verify this. It isn't uncommon for the wire guides to be wrong, and this may be the case.

Do you have any idea why your door lock switch quit working? I, personally, would be more concerned about that at this point, as the door locks shouldn't be effected in any way - especially if you haven't even found the lock / unlock wires yet.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby Velocifero » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Necrobump. I also have questions about this. I have a 2006 Acura TSX and have been trying to get this working right for some time now. According to my research (http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/for ... TPN=1&PN=1), wire color changes on these particular wires are as follows:

04'-05' --------> 06'-08'
Pink/black---> Pink (LOCK)
Pink/blue ---> Light blue (UNLOCK)

I purchased the Auto Lock-Unlock Module and the Programmable Speed Switch Module to lock automatically when hitting a certain speed and I can't get the car to lock using the modules. However, the car unlocks just fine when I turn the key back (removing power from ignition). My wires are all soldered and secured but I can't figure it out what's wrong.

I have it wired exactly like the picture here used for KPierson's Accord. We hooked the green KP unlock wire to the light blue wire on the car, and the blue KP lock wire to the pink wire on the car.

viewtopic.php?t=147

And I've read this thread also: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1005

Is it possible that the modules are bad?
Velocifero

Postby KPierson » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Did you use a volt meter to verify you connected to the correct "lock" wire? If the module is unlocking the doors when you turn the ignition on then more then likely the speed switch is working and telling the module to lock and unlock the doors. I would put a volt meter on the "LOCK" wire and check to see if the module outputs a (-) on the lock output at any point. You should also be able to lock the doors by manually pulsing the "lock" wire (I wouldn't do this though unless you are 100% positive you have the correct "lock" wire.

If you are 100% positive that you found the correct "lock" wire and the module never outputs the (-) pulse then it is possible the auto lock module is damaged.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby Velocifero » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 am

Yeah I did use a volt meter to confirm and it does drop when we lock it. So if it's working up to that point, the only thing left is the lock-unlock module itself.
Velocifero

Postby KPierson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:59 am

Velocifero wrote:Yeah I did use a volt meter to confirm and it does drop when we lock it. So if it's working up to that point, the only thing left is the lock-unlock module itself.

If you would like to send your module in for a free warranty evaluation please contact us via email at support@KPtechnologies.com.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
KPierson

Postby Velocifero » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:22 pm

KPierson wrote:
Velocifero wrote:Yeah I did use a volt meter to confirm and it does drop when we lock it. So if it's working up to that point, the only thing left is the lock-unlock module itself.

If you would like to send your module in for a free warranty evaluation please contact us via email at support@KPtechnologies.com.

Email sent.
Velocifero

Postby Velocifero » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Figured it out! Guess the module wasn't bad after all. Before trying your advice in the email, I reinstalled the wires in their place on the MICU connector (my friend did it last in the same fashion) but it somehow worked this time. I posted more details here: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-e ... ost1197793

I took this and labeled it as this was a big confusion for '06-'08 TSX owners. This is the 30 pin connector at the MICU under-dash fuse box:

Velocifero

Return to Auto Door Locking Module