2007/8 G35 Navi Bypass Installation

Moderators: KPierson, SFLG35

Re: 2007/8 G35 Navi Bypass Installation

Postby KPierson » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:02 am

Did you pull out each fuse and check it with an ohm meter? Sometimes visual checks are not enough to detect hairline cracks in fuse elements (I have learned this the hard way).

If all fuses check good with a meter the next step would be to tear everything apart and make sure all the plugs are securely plugged in and no wires have been damaged in the removal / reinstallation process.

The time that I turned the ignition on with the AC Amp disconnected all I got were a few trouble codes. I didn't blow any fuses or lose any functionality. The time that I accidentally reversed the AC Amp plug and the radio plug I did blow some fuses and I did lose functionality until I replaced the fuse.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Re: 2007/8 G35 Navi Bypass Installation

Postby TKS » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:07 pm

Finally added this module with the aid of the KP Tech forum and great pictures from the http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/2009-g37-sedan-nav-bypass-mod.html Nico site.
I did struggle with one aspect, in that the wire identified as the E-brake signal was not the same on my 2008 G35. After lengthy web searching discovered that on my 2008 G35 Sedan with Nav and Bose audio, the Light Blue wire to the right of the Gray is the E-Brake signal wire. To clarify another question I had, it is the connector side of this wire that needs to be grounded. I connected mine to a switch, in the event that any diagnostics are ever run on the Nav control unit, it would not show this terminal permanently grounded
Attachments
08G35Bose.jpg
2008G35 Nav Bose Audio
08G35Bose.jpg (104.9 KiB) Viewed 2021 times
TKS

Re: 2007/8 G35 Navi Bypass MAP UPDATE FAIL

Postby blownrx7 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:57 pm

I just went to the dealer to get the map updated for the first time and they could not do it. Their tech support was already closed so I re-scheduled for Thursday.
I did NOT mention that I had the NAV Bypass module (installed since May'09) for fear they would blame the module and start charging me by the minute...
Anyway, is it possible that the module interferes with the map update in my '08 G35X?
Should I disable the module in order to get the map updated? If so, what is the best way to do it?
Or do I have other issues? :cry:
TIA.
blownrx7

Re: 2007/8 G35 Navi Bypass MAP UPDATE FAIL

Postby KPierson » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:30 pm

blownrx7 wrote:I just went to the dealer to get the map updated for the first time and they could not do it. Their tech support was already closed so I re-scheduled for Thursday.
I did NOT mention that I had the NAV Bypass module (installed since May'09) for fear they would blame the module and start charging me by the minute...
Anyway, is it possible that the module interferes with the map update in my '08 G35X?
Should I disable the module in order to get the map updated? If so, what is the best way to do it?
Or do I have other issues? :cry:
TIA.

The KPtechnologies NI35 is a hardware interface and will have no impact on updating maps or firmware. If you want to be safe you can simply unplug the control module (leaving the relay plugged in). This will completely eliminate the module from the vehicle without changing any functions or features.
Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
http://www.KPtechnologies.com
KPierson

Previous

Return to Navigation Bypass Module